Thursday 3 February 2011

"Drawing, Drawing and then Drawing

One must always draw, draw with the eyes, when one cannot draw with a pencil. (Balthus)

Believe it or not, I can actually draw. (Jean-Michel Basquiat)

I draw like other people bite their nails. (Pablo Picasso)

As technology advances at an alarming pace, the place of drawing remains as valid as ever in the creation of art and architecture. (Prince Charles)

When I look at a drawing of a person, I look at that person as living. (Francesco Clemente)

Drawing is a frame of mind, a loving embrace, if you will. (Susan Avishai)

Drawing is risk. If risk is eliminated at any stage of the act it is no longer drawing. (Lorne Coutts)

Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad. (Salvador Dali)

My attitude towards drawing is not necessarily about drawing. It's about making the best kind of image I can make, it's about talking as clearly as I can. (Jim Dine)
Drawing by Darren O'Brien

Drawing, within the visual arts, seems to hold the position of being closest to pure thought. (John Elderfield)

Drawing is not following a line on the model, it is drawing your sense of the thing. (Robert Henri)

I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing. (Vincent van Gogh)

A sketch has charm because of its truth – not because it is unfinished. (Charles Hawthorne)

Drawing is intimate and reveals exactly where we are, and in a culture that isn't comfortable with that, it frightens many. You just cannot cheat when you draw. (Sandy Davison)

No comments:

Post a Comment